Yes, people will die. The healthcare bill approved by the House of Representatives yesterday is a moral outrage.
Those who voted for it should be required to walk around with MURDERER sewed onto their jackets/shirts. The Scarlet Letter’s Hester Prynne carried Adulterer for a much less serious offense.
Rather than write ad finitum re the many shortcomings of the bill, I set forth briefly some of the items that cause me concern. Grave concern.
- The bill provides a huge tax discount for the top 2 percent. to the detriment of those below them on the economic scale.
- At least 24 million who presently have coverage will lose it.
- Premiums will sky rocket at some point for most with pre-existing conditions. They will not be able to afford coverage.
- Fiscal conservatism does not mean people are permitted to die without care.
- The vote was taken without benefit of the report by the Congressional Budget Office.
- The bill is 1,800 pages. The members received it at 8 pm thursday. They voted around noon friday. They claim they read it. Bullshit!
- The Republican Party of today is not the Republican Party of Eisenhower. Nor Nixon. Conservatism has always been the by-line of Republicans. People valued above money, however. Today, the Party’s concerns have been politicized. The lives of citizens have become subservient to money.
- My outrage simply stated.
- Enjoy your day!